Bitex RAR12 Superlight Rear Rim Brake Hubs
Bitex RAR12 Rear Rim Brake Hubs
- These are a mainstay hub for our custom rim brake builds - light, reliable, inexpensive - you can have all three!
- Quality control and hub assembly performed by XLR8 (in our workshop in Northern NSW).
- Taiwan made sealed bearing hub for Road, MTB, Gravel and CX - using an appropriate rim.
- ABEC5 grade sealed bearings from TPI (not the Chinese bearings that most online sellers supply with these hubs).
- 6 pawl freehub is super robust, and very low friction. 48 points of engagement.
We can supply rims and build wheels with these hubs for you, or upgrade bearings to NTN Japanese. Just get in touch.
Hubs options listed as "special order" or "not in stock" will be ordered immediately upon your purchase and supplied ASAP. Get in touch if you have Qs.
Recommended usage: Rim brake rear wheels where a lightweight economy hub is required.
Supplier: Bitex Taiwan
Usage type: Rim brake rear wheels - Road, MTB, Gravel and CX - using an appropriate rim.
Freehub types (all 48 POE = 7.5 deg engagement angle):
- Shimano - 8-10s Hyperglide
- Shimano - 11s Hyperglide
- Campagnolo - most 9s, 10s, 11s and 12s (not N3W 13s) cassettes
- SRAM XD and XDR are available (get in contact and we'll order them in).
Axle type: 10x135 (standard style quick release - not included)
Available drillings: 20h (special order), 24h, 28h, 32h (special order).
Spoke type required: J bend